When first approaching the idea of documenting my recent dating ventures for public consumption I struggled with whether or not I should admit the following: I recently created a profile on Match.com. The admission that I'm using the internet to meet single men has become an easier one, though it is still laced with some embarassment. I was driven to create said profile primarily out of frustration and the desire to be treated better by a partner than I most recently was treated. Thus I reasoned that perhaps men who are actively searching for a relationship may be more likely to behave with compassion, care, and respect (high standards, I know). So let us all consider this - my inaugural blog post - a confession and acknowledgement that I am an online dater and am officially embracing it, for better or for worse (as we shall see with future posts, it has more often than not been the latter...).
For the purposes of privacy (because that's a practical assumption with the internet, right?), all dates will be referred to by pseudonyms. As of now, there are four players in this story (in order of appearance): The Drinker, 33, Birkenstocks, and The Cowboy. A cameo appearance will also be made by The Student.
On a side note, if you're reading this you probably have heard all of these stories already. Please forgive the redundancies, but I feel obligated to document those dates past as well as those forthcoming. Hopefully my wit and charm are motivators enough for you to experience the joy of these dates with me once again. And thanks for being my friend :)
No comments:
Post a Comment